The state wrestling tournament journey ended on Friday for both of our area athletes, Highland's Brady Hahn and Lone Tree's Aaron Slaughter, as they dropped their second round consolation matches.
Highland's Brady Hahn dropped his quarterfinal match to Moravia's Nicholas Martin by fall late in the third period (5:42).
Iowa Mennonite (19-3) survived a scare from Holy Trinity Catholic (5-18) with a 56-49 win on Thursday.
Aaron Slaughter lost his first match 9-7 in overtime to Moravia's Wil Martin. Martin was able to get an escape and takedown to propel himself to victory.
- Iowa Mennonite upsets English Valleys in regional quarterfinal
- Kalona General Store adding eatery
- Area boys basketball roundup
- Esther Yoder
- Helen Arlene (Bontrager) Miller
- Highland's Brady Hahn drops quarterfinal match
- Pekin defeats Mid-Prairie 64-48 to end Golden Hawks season
- Lori Lilleg
- Norma E. Nisly
- Downtown Kalona space looking for the right fit